LONDON, June 15, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — While loitering munitions have been in use for several decades, their use has increased significantly in the past years, with the coming decade expected to see unprecedented growth in the market. The loitering munitions market will benefit from increased modularity, increased use of artificial intelligence (AI), use of swarm technology, and increased sensor capabilities in the next ten years. The market will also benefit greatly from the increased proliferation of unmanned systems, as the mass use of such systems drives down the cost of mutual components, with the low cost of the systems being paramount to their application.
The Loitering Munitions Market Research Report offered by GlobalData Plc provides a comprehensive overview of the loitering munitions market, outlines advances in technology and key programs, and provides insight into current procurement and research trends. It also sheds light on studies of emerging technological trends and their broader impact on the defense market through analysis of the various loitering munitions currently in practice, and their historical use.
Key Technology Components in Loitering Munitions
- Sensor system
- Power source
The Pentagon is increasingly looking to AI to facilitate the development of drone swarm technology including loitering munitions. AI is of particular significance for loitering munitions because they are expected to have a high degree of autonomy and be able to independently detect targets, even if a human is ultimately looped in for the actual strike.
Key Technology Trends Impacting the Loitering Munitions Market
- Swarm technology
- Artificial intelligence
- Mission modules
- Vertical attack
- Commercial off the shelf (COTS)
- Military off the shelf (MOTS)
- Fuel and propulsion
- 3D printing
- Processor chips
- Miniaturization and scalability
- Battery technology
Key Macroeconomic Trends Impacting the Loitering Munitions Market
- Economic risk
- China impact
- Beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS)
Key Regulatory Trends Impacting the Loitering Munitions Market
- International traffic in arms regulations (ITAR)
- Laws of war
- Counter drone technology
For more insights on market trends impacting the loitering munitions theme, download a free report sample
Leading Companies Associated with Loitering Munitions Theme
- Elbit Systems
- WB Electronics
- Northrop Grumman
Loitering Munitions Market Overview
|Key Technology Components||Aerostructure, Software, Control, Sensor Systems, Warhead, and Power Source|
|Key Macroeconomic Trends||Economic Risk, China Impact, and Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS)|
|Key Technology Trends||Swarm Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Mission Modules, Vertical Attack, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), Military off the Shelf (MOTS), Fuel and Propulsion, 3D Printing, Processor Chips, Miniaturization and Scalability, Battery Technology, and Composites|
|Key Regulatory Trends||International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Laws of war, and Counter Drone Technology|
|Leading Companies||AeroVironment, Raytheon, Elbit Systems, HESA, IAI, Uvision, WB Electronics, Cobra, Kronshtadt, Northrop Grumman, Rheinmetall, STM, Kalashnikov, Aeronautics, and DefendTex|
Loitering Munitions Market Report Scope
- The key defense challenges that forces and defense sector suppliers face are covered.
- The investment opportunities for armed forces, suppliers, and institutional investors, across the whole soldier modernization value chain are covered.
- Highlights from the range different loitering munitions programs currently being undertaken by various defense companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine potential investment companies based on trend analysis and market projections.
- Gaining an understanding of the market challenges and opportunities surrounding the Soldier Modernization theme.
- Understanding how spending on loitering munitions will fit into the overall market and which spending areas are being prioritized.
What are the key technology components of loitering munitions?
The key technology components of loitering munitions are aerostructure, software, control, sensor systems, warhead, and power source.
What are the key technology trends impacting the loitering munitions market?
The key technology trends impacting the loitering munitions theme are swarm technology, artificial intelligence, mission modules, vertical attack, commercial off the shelf (COTS), military off the shelf (MOTS), fuel and propulsion, 3d printing, processor chips, miniaturization and scalability, battery technology, and composites.
What are the key macroeconomic trends impacting the loitering munitions market?
The key macroeconomic trends impacting the loitering munitions theme are economic risk, China impact, and beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS).
What are the key regulatory trends impacting the loitering munitions market?
The key regulatory trends impacting the loitering munitions theme are International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), laws of war, and counter drone technology.
Which are the leading companies in the loitering munitions market?
The key leading players associated with the loitering munitions theme are AeroVironment, Raytheon, Elbit Systems, HESA, IAI, Uvision, WB Electronics, Cobra, Kronshtadt, Northrop Grumman, Rheinmetall, STM, Kalashnikov, Aeronautics, and DefendTex.
- Aerospace, Defense, and Security Industry Mergers and Acquisitions Deals by Top Themes in Q1 2022 – Thematic Research – Click here
- Global Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Deals in 2021 – Top Themes in the Aerospace, Defense, and Security Sector – Thematic Research – Click here
- Spain Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2022-27 – Click here
- South Korea Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2022-27 – Click here
- Brazil Defense Market Size and Trends, Budget Allocation, Regulations, Key Acquisitions, Competitive Landscape and Forecast, 2022-27 – Click here
GlobalData is a leading provider of data, analytics, and insights on the world’s largest industries. In an increasingly fast-moving, complex, and uncertain world, it has never been harder for organizations and decision makers to predict and navigate the future. This is why GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our solutions are designed to provide a daily edge to professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies.
+44 (0)207 936 6400