The global neurovascular catheters market size is anticipated to reach USD 4.83 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for minimally invasive neurosurgical procedures, rising prevalence of stroke and brain aneurysm, and technological advancements are driving the market.
Key Insights & Findings:
- By type, embolization neurovascular catheters dominated the neurovascular catheters market in 2019 owing to the increasing prevalence of conditions, such as brain aneurysms, nose bleeding, and arteriovenous malformations
- Based on application, the others segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the rising number of patients suffering from neurovascular diseases and conditions, such as carotid artery stenosis and atherosclerosis
- Based on end-use, hospitals dominated the market in 2019 owing to factors, such as rising prevalence of acute ischemic stroke, growing awareness among the population, and increasing government funding
- North America dominated the market with the largest share in 2019 owing to rising incidence of hemorrhagic stroke and brain aneurysm and increasing R&D investment
- Some of the key players operating in the neurovascular catheters market are Medtronic; Stryker; phenox GmbH; Penumbra, Inc.; Integer holdings Corporation; Terumo Corporation; Integra LifeSciences Corporation; Biomerics; Acandis GmbH; and Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG.
Read 164 page market research report, “Neurovascular Catheters Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Embolization Catheters, Microcatheters), By Application (Brain Aneurysm, Embolic Stroke), By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028”, by Grand View Research
Stroke is the most common cause of death, followed by heart and cancer diseases worldwide. For instance, according to WHO, in 2016, 15.2 million deaths of the 56.9 million deaths worldwide were due to stroke. Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) is the most common form of stroke caused due to reduced blood supply to the brain, making brain cells die. For instance, according to the U.S. CDC, 87.0% of strokes are classified as ischemic strokes, with the U.S. being the most commonly affected country.
Various initiatives are undertaken by the government worldwide to prevention stroke. For instance, the Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) program was started by the U.S. CDC in three states: North Carolina, Massachusetts, and Arizona, to minimize the risk of stroke and other neurovascular diseases in women by promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Grand View Research has segmented the global neurovascular catheters market on the basis of type, application, end-use, and region:
- Neurovascular Catheters Type Outlook (Volume, Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Balloon Catheters
- Access Catheters
- Embolization Catheters
- Neurovascular Catheters Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Embolic Stroke
- Brain Aneurysm
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Neurovascular Catheters End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Neurovascular Catheters Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
List of Key Players of the Neurovascular Catheters Market
- phenox GmbH
- Penumbra, Inc.
- Integer Holdings Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Acandis GmbH
- Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG.
Check out more studies related to Global Medical Devices Industry, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Extracellular Matrix Patches Market – The global extracellular matrix patches market size was valued at USD 22.08 million in 2017 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period.
- Injection Pen Market – The global injectable pen/injection pen market size was valued at USD 33.01 billion in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of 9.4% over the forecast period.
- Dental 3D Printing Market – The global dental 3D printing market size was valued at USD 1.2 billion in 2017. It is expected to register a CAGR of 29.3% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports