Hut 8 Mining Corp. (Nasdaq: HUT) (TSX: HUT), (“Hut 8” or the “Company”) one of North America’s largest, innovation-focused digital asset mining pioneers and high performance computing infrastructure provider, increased its Bitcoin holdings by 375 in the period ending August 31, bringing its total self-mined holdings to 8,111 Bitcoin.
- 375 Bitcoin were generated, resulting in an average production rate of approximately 12.1 Bitcoin per day.
- Keeping with our longstanding HODL strategy, 100% of the self-mined Bitcoin in August were deposited into custody.
- Total Bitcoin balance held in reserve is 8,111 as of August 31, 2022.
- Installed ASIC hash rate capacity was 2.98 EH/s at the end of the month, which excludes certain legacy miners that the Company anticipates will be fully replaced by the end of the year.
- Hut 8 produced 125.8 BTC/EH in August.
- In late August, Hut 8 installed 180 NVIDIA GPUs in its flagship data centre in Kelowna, B.C. Currently mining Ethereum, the multi-workload machines will be designed to pivot on demand to provide Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or VFX rendering services to customers.
- Hut 8 is partnering with Zenlayer to bring their on-demand high-performance computing to Canadian Web 3.0 and blockchain customers for the first time.
“Our team delivered very strong results across our mining and high performance infrastructure businesses in August, positioning us well for continued success,” said Jaime Leverton, CEO. “We continue to receive and install our monthly shipments of new MicroBT miners on time, while actively adding to the suite of services we offer our data centre customers.”