<!– Name:DistributionId Value:8784059 –> <!– Name:EnableQuoteCarouselOnPnr Value:False –> <!– Name:IcbCode Value: –> <!– Name:CustomerId Value:1206067 –> <!– Name:HasMediaSnippet Value:false –> <!– Name:AnalyticsTrackingId Value:2777a929-6987-4cf4-b0df-fb9295052b8c –>
Chicago, March 10, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Health Information Exchange industry is set to experience a major transformation over the next few years, as advances in technology make it easier for healthcare providers to manage patient data, automate processes, and improve patient care. As the industry continues to grow, more companies will enter the market with innovative products and services that streamline healthcare administration and improve patient care. In particular, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are expected to revolutionize the Health Information Exchange (HIE) industry, as AI-based solutions become increasingly more accessible and affordable. These technologies can help healthcare providers make more accurate diagnoses, improve patient outcomes, and reduce costs. Additionally, cloud computing and data analytics are also expected to play a key role in the future of Health Information Exchange (HIE), as they enable providers to securely store and analyze patient data. As the Health Information Exchange (HIE) industry continues to expand, providers will be able to leverage these technologies to better deliver care and improve patient outcomes.
The global Health Information Exchange market in terms of revenue was estimated to be worth $1.1 billion in 2020 and is poised to reach $2.0 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 12.2% from 2020 to 2025 according to a latest report published by MarketsandMarkets™. Growth in this market is driven by factors such as the growing focus on patient-centric care delivery, the growing need to curtail healthcare costs, government initiatives for enhancing patient care and safety, and government funding for healthcare interoperability. On the other hand, factors such as lack of true interoperability solutions, lack of standards, data privacy and security concerns, the need for significant investments in infrastructure development and the use of outdated legacy systems are expected to restrict market growth to a certain extent in the coming years.
Download an Illustrative overview: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=249987292
Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market Scope:
|Market Revenue in 2020||$1.1 billion|
|Estimated Value by 2025||$2.0 billion|
|Growth Rate||Poised to grow at a CAGR of 12.2%|
|Market Size Available for||2018-2025|
|Forecast Units||Value (USD Billion)|
|Report Coverage||Revenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends|
|Segments Covered||By Setup Type, By Implementation Model, By Type, By Application, By Solution, By End Users & by Region|
|Geographies Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, ROW|
|Report Highlights||Updated financial information / product portfolio of players|
|Key Market Opportunity||Improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging markets|
|Key Market Drivers||Government support for the adoption of EMR solutions|
Notable Health Information Exchange (HIE) mergers and acquisitions for 2021 – 2022 include:
- Change Healthcare acquired the health information exchange (HIE) startup Caradigm from Microsoft in April 2021.
- Cerner Corporation acquired HealtheConnections, an HIE in Upstate New York, in February 2021.
- Allscripts acquired the health information technology company Zynx Health in May 2021.
- IBM Corporation acquired the health data analytics company Phytel in June 2021.
- Interoperability specialist Orion Health acquired the HIE provider Medicity in October 2021.
- Meditech acquired the HIE provider HIE Networks in November 2020.
- The health information exchange service Healthix acquired the HIE provider Diameter Health in December 2020.
Growth Drivers of Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market from Macro to Micro:
- Government Initiatives: Governments are actively encouraging the adoption of health information exchange systems in order to improve the quality of healthcare services, reduce healthcare costs and improve patient safety. The government has implemented several policies and initiatives to promote the use of HIEs, such as the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act in the U.S. and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) in Canada.
- Integration of Data: The integration of data from multiple healthcare organizations enables doctors to access complete patient records from different healthcare providers and organizations. This enhances the quality of healthcare services and helps healthcare providers make more informed decisions.
- Increased Efficiency: HIEs enable healthcare providers to exchange health information quickly and securely, which increases the efficiency of healthcare services. Health information exchange systems provide healthcare providers with real-time access to patient data, which enables them to make more informed decisions and provide better care.
- Cost Savings: Health information exchange systems enable healthcare organizations to reduce costs associated with data storage, data sharing and health records management. HIEs enable healthcare organizations to reduce the need for paper-based records and to streamline the process of transferring information between healthcare organizations.
Request for FREE Sample Pages: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=249987292
Hypothetic Challenges of Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market in Near Future:
- Increasing interoperability complexity: As the healthcare industry continues to move towards the adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) and other forms of digital health data exchange, the complexity of interoperability is increasing. To ensure that all data is securely and efficiently exchanged, HIEs must develop and implement a comprehensive interoperability strategy.
- Balancing data privacy and security: With the increasing exchange of health data, privacy and security remain a top priority for HIEs. As such, HIEs must continue to develop and implement robust data security protocols to uphold patient confidentiality and protect the integrity of exchanged data.
- Navigating regulatory compliance: As healthcare data exchange becomes more widespread, HIEs must stay abreast of changing regulations and ensure compliance across all jurisdictions. This includes understanding and adhering to regulations such as HIPAA and HITECH, as well as state-specific regulations.
- Adapting to evolving technology: As technology continues to evolve, so too must HIEs. HIEs must ensure they have the necessary infrastructure to support emerging technologies such as AI and machine learning. Additionally, they must be prepared to integrate new data sources, such as wearables and connected medical devices.
- Overcoming limited resources: HIEs often operate on tight budgets, making it challenging to invest in new technologies and solutions. As such, HIEs must be strategic and creative in their approach to leveraging existing resources and identifying cost-effective solutions.
Top 3 Use Cases of Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market:
- Clinical Data Exchange: HIEs facilitate the secure exchange of clinical data among healthcare entities, such as hospitals, clinics, and other providers. This exchange of information allows for improved collaboration and coordination of care among multiple providers, leading to improved patient outcomes.
- Patient Access to Health Information: HIEs also provide patients with access to their health information, allowing them to view records, lab results, and other data related to their care.
- Quality Improvement: HIEs enable healthcare organizations to measure and track the quality of care delivered to patients, allowing them to identify areas for improvement. This data can then be used to develop evidence-based strategies to improve patient care.
Get 10% Free Customization on this Report: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=249987292
Population Health Management Market
Patient Registry Software Market
Revenue Cycle Management Market