New York, Aug. 12, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to the analysis of Reports and Data, the Global Flavor Enhancers Market was valued at USD 6.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 11.5 billion by the year 2027, growing at a CAGR of around 6.5%. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), flavor enhancers are the substances that have no pronounced flavor or taste of their own but which bring out and improve the flavors in the foods to which they are added. The term flavor potentiator has also been used with the same meaning. The most commonly used substances in this category are monosodium L-glutamate (MSG), disodium 5′-inosinate (IMP), and disodium 5′-guanylate (GMP).
The growth of the segment is driven by the expansion of the global beverage industry, an increase in demand for convenience food, changing consumer lifestyle, and an increase in the number of sensory-oriented consumers worldwide. The global flavor enhancers market is expected to witness an upsurge owing to the introduction of new food products with natural ingredients and coloring pigments. Furthermore, technological advancements, growing demand for clean label products, and stringent regulations on synthetic enhancers are influencing manufacturers to incorporate more natural flavors in their offerings. Increasing the use of natural flavor enhancers by the food processing industry is a key factor driving the flavor enhancers market’s growth.
However, factors such as mounting raw material prices and high entry barriers and price pressure on manufacturers due to consolidation affect the industry’s growth. Major trends prevailing in the market are consolidation in the industry, demand for substitutes for artificial flavor enhancers, the emergence of biotech flavor enhancers, and sensory trend.
The global flavor enhancers market is segregated based on type glutamates, acidulants, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, yeast extracts, and others (sweetness enhancers and nucleotides). Based on form, the global flavor enhancers market is segmented in Powder and Liquid & Semi-Liquid. Based on source, the market is segmented into natural and synthetic. Based on application, the market is bifurcated into processed & convenience foods, meat & fish products, beverages, and others (confectionery products, bakery, dairy, and condiments).
Get FREE Sample Copy with TOC of the Report to understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/3408
Further key findings from the report suggest
- By type, the glutamates segment was valued at USD 1.36 billion in 2019. Asia is the largest producer of glutamates, including MSG, accounting for approximately 93% of the global MSG production capacity. Greater demand, an economic and abundant workforce, and its use in processed foods are the prime reasons behind its significant production in Asia. Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Thailand, and Malaysia are the major glutamate manufacturers. China is one of the top manufacturers (66%), the consumer (51%), and exporter (49%) of MSG worldwide. Indonesia is the second-largest (15%) exporter of glutamates. The FDA reported that the Middle East and Africa consumed 4%, Europe 3%, North America 2%, and central and South America 2% MSG.
- Among the application segments, processed & convenience foods occupied a significant share of about 38.3% in the flavor enhancers market. Flavor enhancers like lactic acid find extensive application in the processed & convenience food industry as it benefits from regulating microflora in the food and acting as preservatives. It is formed by the natural fermentation process in food products such as pickled vegetables, cheese, and soy sauce.
- Among the source segments, the natural segment leis growing at a rapid CAGR of 6.8%. The snowballing health awareness among the population and the rising demand for organic foods and upsurge in the buying power of the population fosters the market growth. Offering unique and tastier flavor enhancers would principally boost the demand in the global natural food flavor enhancers market.
- By form, the liquid segment is projected to grow at the fastest CAGR 6.5% during the analysis period. Factors such as minimized ingredient loss, high consistency and uniformity, specification-oriented superior quality production, and excellent microbiological safety drive the market.
- North America occupied a share market share of about 33.5% in 2019 in the flavor enhancers market. Established key market players and continued investments from manufacturers are likely to drive market growth in North America during the forecast period.
- The key players in the market include Tate & Lyle PLC, Cargill, Corbion N.V., Associated British Foods plc, Sensient Technologies, ADM, Novozymes A/S, E.I. Dupont, Angel Yeast Co., Ltd, Innova Flavors, Savoury Systems International, Inc., Senomyx, Inc and Ajinomoto Co, Inc.
- In November 2019, Archer Daniels Midland Co. acquired Florida Chemical Company., which is specialized in citrus-based fragrances and flavors. Florida Chemical Co., a subsidiary of Flotek Industries based in Winter Haven. It offers citrus flavor materials and essential oils as well as flavor enhancers for grapefruit and other citruses.
BUY NOW (Customized Report Delivered as per Your Specific Requirement)@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/3408
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Global Flavor Enhancers Market on the basis of type, application, source, form, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
- yeast extracts
- Others (sweetness enhancers and nucleotides)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Processed & convenience foods
- Meat & fish products
- Confectionery products
Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Liquid & semi-liquid
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/flavor-enhancers-market
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
Take a Look at our Related Reports:
Isoflavones Market: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/isoflavones-market
Krill Oil Market: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/krill-oil-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Contact Us: John Watson Head of Business Development Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370 E-mail: email@example.com