The global electronic skin market size is expected to reach USD 19.6 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 20.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The rising number of geriatric population and continuous technological advancements are driving the market. Moreover, in the e-textile area, researchers are using 3D printing to make material that can store and harvest electricity as well as fulfill fashion demand. These players are focusing on the miniaturization of products and continuous technological development. The major players in the industry are investing in research and development activities and are continuously innovating their products.
Key suggestions from the report:
- North America captured the largest share in 2019 owing to the factors such as the presence of a large number of market players and high adoption rate
- By product type, electronic patches dominated the market owing to rising awareness about self-monitoring in healthcare
- By component, stretchable circuits dominated the market owing to its high use in various application of healthcare and e-textile
- Based on sensors, the tactile sensors segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the high adoption rate in the field of robotics, machine learning, and physiological monitoring
- Based on application, the drug delivery system segment is expected to grow at the fastest pace owing to increasing diabetes patients
- Key players are focusing on the miniaturization of products and continuous technological development.
Read 108 page research report with ToC on “Electronic Skin Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Component (Stretchable Circuits, Photovoltaic Systems), By Sensors (Tactile Sensors, Chemical Sensors), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/electronic-skin-market
For Instance, Xenoma is developing an e-skin that monitors fitness and health with printed circuit fabrics. Many researchers are addressing electronic skin due to its relevant application in robotics and biomedical system. Thin soft sensors that stick onto the skin are transforming healthcare. The data they collect is fed into a machine-learning algorithm to monitor spot abnormalities and tract treatment. These sensors can track biological and physiological signals such as breathing, motion, temperature, and cardiac rhythms.
Many players in the industry are commercializing soft biosensors system that measures clinical data continuously. These electronic skins can monitor electric pulses from the heart and are more effective than the intermittent hospital’s check-ups. The increasing number of diabetes patients and rising awareness about self-monitoring are also increasing the demands. According to the International Diabetes Federation, the number of people with diabetes is expected to reach 700 million by 2045.
Grand View Research has segmented the global electronic skin market based on product, component, sensors, application, and region:
- Electronic Skin Product Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Electronic skin suits
- Electronic patches
- Electronic Skin Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Stretchable circuits
- Photovoltaic systems
- Stretchable conductors
- Electroactive polymers
- Electronic Skin Sensors Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Tactile sensors
- Chemical sectors
- Electrophysiological Sensors
- Electronic Skin Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- Health monitoring systems
- Drug delivery systems
- Electronic Skin Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
List of Key Players of Electronic Skin Market
- GENTAG, Inc
- DIALOG Semiconductors
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Medical Sensors Market – The global medical sensors market size was valued at USD 9.4 billion in 2015. The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for medical sensors in the therapeutic and the diagnostic sectors.
- Disposable Medical Sensors Market – The global disposable medical sensors market size was valued at USD 5.1 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 12.3 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period.
- Wearable Sensors Market – The global wearable sensors market size was valued at USD 149.3 million in 2016. The market is gaining prominence due to the rising number of health and fitness monitoring applications.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports