LOS ANGELES, Sept. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Global Antibiotics Market Size accounted for USD 42 Billion in 2021 and is estimated to garner a market size of USD 63 Billion by 2030 rising at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2022 to 2030.
Antibiotics Market Report Key Highlights
- Global antibiotics market value was USD 42 Billion in 2021 and expected to grow at CAGR of 4.6% from 2022 to 2030
- According to the University of Oxford, global antibiotic consumption rates increased by 46% from 2000 to 2018
- Asia-Pacific antibiotics market share acquired over 45% market share in coming years
- Asia-Pacific antibiotics market growth recorded quickest CAGR during the forecast timeframe from 2022 to 2030
- Among product type, penicillin acquired over 28% of the overall market share in 2021
Request For Free Sample Report @ https://www.acumenresearchandconsulting.com/request-sample/2504
|Antibiotics Market Size 2021||USD 42 Billion|
|Antibiotics Market Forecast 2030||USD 63 Billion|
|Antibiotics Market CAGR During 2022 – 2030||4.6%|
|Antibiotics Market Analysis Period||2018 – 2030|
|Antibiotics Market Base Year||2021|
|Antibiotics Market Forecast Data||2022 – 2030|
|Segments Covered||By Product Type, By Drug Origin, By Spectrum, By Route of Administration, By Distribution Channel, And By Geography|
|Antibiotics Market Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa|
|Key Companies Profiled||Abbott Laboratories, Allergan plc, Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd., Bayer Healthcare AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Johnson & Johnson Inc., Melinta Therapeutics, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi SA, and Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals.|
|Report Coverage||Market Trends, Drivers, Restraints, Competitive Analysis, Player Profiling, Regulation Analysis|
Antibiotics Market Dynamics
Over the forecast period of 2022 to 2030, the global antibiotics market is expected to grow the fastest. Antibacterial agents are another name for antibiotics. These are expanding primarily as a result of rising infectious disease incidences. Pharmaceutical companies’ ongoing efforts to develop new treatments to treat infectious diseases are helping to drive market growth.
Some of the Key Observations Regarding Antibiotics Industry Include
- In 2021, an Australian study found that popularly used non-nutritive sugar substitutes can promote the uptake of antibiotic-resistant genes in the intestine. Artificial sweeteners hasten the transfer of antibiotic resistance genes (ARGs) via a process known as conjugation. The genes are transferred from donor bacteria to recipient bacteria, which may later develop multidrug resistance.
- According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), up to 90% of antibiotics are prescribed for outpatients. Social norms and behavioral factors heavily influence outpatient antibiotic prescribing. Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and the requirement for antimicrobial stewardship are driven by the inappropriate use of 50% of outpatient antibiotics and the unnecessary use of 30%, resulting in antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and the requirement for antimicrobial stewardship (AMS). Upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) are, in turn, one of the most common causes of antibiotic overuse in the community.
Check the detailed table of contents of the report @
Antibiotics Market Segmentation
The global antibiotics market is divided into four sections: product type, spectrum, drug origin, route of administration, and geography. Cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, penicillin, macrolides, aminoglycosides, carbapenems, sulfonamides, and other product types are divided into the market. Natural, synthetic, and semi-synthetic drug segments are available.
The market is divided into narrow-spectrum antibiotics and broad-spectrum antibiotics based on spectrum. Antibiotics can be taken orally, intravenously, or through other routes of administration. The market is studied across distribution channels, including online pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and others.
On the basis of spectrum, the broad-spectrum antibiotic segment leads the market with the highest revenue share (%), and it is expected to maintain its dominance from 2022 to 2030. The benefit of broad-spectrum antibiotics like these is that they can be used to treat a wide range of infectious diseases, which is especially useful when the infecting agent (bacteria) is unknown. Aminoglycosides, 2nd and 3rd generation quinolones, cephalosporins, and some synthetic penicillin are examples of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
Antibiotics Market Regional Outlook
The global antibiotics industry is divided into five regions: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa (MEA). Asia Pacific is leading the market with maximum revenue share (%) and the region is also projected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period from 2022 to 2030. The high rate of consumption in the region due to easy availability and supportive government policies for sales are contributing to the regional market value. Increasing investment and expenditure on the approval process and research funding is additionally boosting the regional market value. Moreover, the developing economies including India and China are also projected to contribute to the lucrative growth of the region in the forecast period from 2022 to 2030.
Buy this premium research report –
Antibiotics Market Players
Some of the leading Antibiotics companies operating in the industry include Abbott Laboratories, Allergan plc, Bayer Healthcare AG, Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Melinta Therapeutics, Johnson & Johnson Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Sanofi SA, Pfizer Inc., and Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals.
Questions Answered By This Report
- What was the market size of Antibiotics Market in 2021?
- What will be the CAGR of Antibiotics Market during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030?
- Who are the major players in Global Antibiotics Market?
- Which region held the largest share in Antibiotics Market in 2021?
- What are the key market drivers of Antibiotics Market?
- Who is the largest end user Antibiotics Market?
- What will be the Antibiotics Market value in 2030?
Browse More Research Topic on Healthcare Related:
The Global Generic Drugs Market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 11.1% during the forecast period 2020 to 2027 and to reach around USD 627.6 Billion by 2027.
Acumen Research and Consulting is a global provider of market intelligence and consulting services to information technology, investment, telecommunication, manufacturing, and consumer technology markets. ARC helps investment communities, IT professionals, and business executives to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and develop firm growth strategies to sustain market competition. With the team size of 100+ Analysts and collective industry experience of more than 200 years, Acumen Research and Consulting assures to deliver a combination of industry knowledge along with global and country level expertise.
Mr. Richard Johnson
Acumen Research and Consulting
E-mail: [email protected]